Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! - August 28, 1998 at 05:59:15

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Jason Nugent on August 28, 1998 at 05:59:15:

In Reply to: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! posted by Darren Perara on August 27, 1998 at 18:07:15:

: Jason,
: Sorry that I may not have been clear in stating my problem. I'm pretty cool with making single image swaps in displaced locations. The next step for me (the bit I can't work out) is how to combine this function with the type of function in the IRT article 'Fading Images In and Out', which, instead of just swapping a single image when rolled over, runs through a series of 5 images with a given time interval, like an animated GIF, that animates images 1 through to 5 when you rollover and then from 5 back to 1 as you roll off the image. I'm sure you know the article I'm talking about. I want this triggered animation to happen in a different place to that of the rollover. Can you give me a hand? (Remember, I'm a dumb shit when it comes to Javascript, so take it slow). Thanks.
: Darren.

Jeez, Boy! I knew what you were talking about... its the same procedure as swapping a single image. all the code does is cycle through 5 images in a different spot. go look at the code - do you see the imgName variable in there? All you need is a _different_ variable name. Create 5 _different_ images, and roll thorugh them. The code doesn't change at all.

Jason
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb