Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! - August 31, 1998 at 07:21:24

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Jason Nugent on August 31, 1998 at 07:21:24:

In Reply to: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! posted by Darren Perara on August 31, 1998 at 02:50:14:

: Jason,
: I've finally worked out what you were talking about. I guess it just seemed a bit too easy to be true. You're going to really hate me now because I want to do one more thing. In order to make the image that you rollover do a single swap as well as making the other image fade in/out, do I need to write another function, like the 'change' function in the article to sit in the head with the rest of the code? Is that the right way to go (defining 2 separate functions) or do I need to mix the 'change' function with the 'FadeInSingle' and FadeOutSingle function? Thanks for you assistance.
: Dumb arse Darren.

I would probably code it in two separate functions, and call them both separately from the onMouseOver event handler. With the multiple fades, a setTimeout function repeatedly calls the function over and over again, so you probabably don't want to put the code for the single flip in there with it. Create a separate function, and call it like this:

onMouseOver="rollInOne ('imgName');multiRollIn ('imgName');"

so you get two functions called for a single event.

Jason
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb