Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! - August 31, 1998 at 02:50:14

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Darren Perara on August 31, 1998 at 02:50:14:

In Reply to: Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! posted by Jason Nugent on August 28, 1998 at 06:11:27:

: : : Jason,
: : : Sorry that I may not have been clear in stating my problem. I'm pretty cool with making single image swaps in displaced locations. The next step for me (the bit I can't work out) is how to combine this function with the type of function in the IRT article 'Fading Images In and Out', which, instead of just swapping a single image when rolled over, runs through a series of 5 images with a given time interval, like an animated GIF, that animates images 1 through to 5 when you rollover and then from 5 back to 1 as you roll off the image. I'm sure you know the article I'm talking about. I want this triggered animation to happen in a different place to that of the rollover. Can you give me a hand? (Remember, I'm a dumb shit when it comes to Javascript, so take it slow). Thanks.
: : : Darren.

: Just to illustrate my point, go have a look at the highlighting images article (the first one, with the examples). take a look at the linked example. It only rolls through a single image (not 5 like you want), but it does exactly what I want you to do with the code that cycles through 5 of them.
: You're going to make me write it out, aren't you? :)

: Jason

Jason,
I've finally worked out what you were talking about. I guess it just seemed a bit too easy to be true. You're going to really hate me now because I want to do one more thing. In order to make the image that you rollover do a single swap as well as making the other image fade in/out, do I need to write another function, like the 'change' function in the article to sit in the head with the rest of the code? Is that the right way to go (defining 2 separate functions) or do I need to mix the 'change' function with the 'FadeInSingle' and FadeOutSingle function? Thanks for you assistance.
Dumb arse Darren.

Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: How do you fade a series of images in/out at a different location. You aren't clear on what I'm getting at! [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb