Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: Targeting a window in a nested frameset from a spawned remote - August 26, 1998 at 05:59:35

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Targeting a window in a nested frameset from a spawned remote [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Jason Nugent on August 26, 1998 at 05:59:35:

In Reply to: Targeting a window in a nested frameset from a spawned remote posted by Yvan Gagnon on August 26, 1998 at 05:44:39:

: I have a frames-based site, and in one of of the frame windows, I have a javascript that
: launches a small remote window that prompts for a login. What I want to do is set it up so that
: when you enter the proper login, a new page loads in the small remote window that has an
: onLoad statement in the body tag that loads a document into a hidden frame of a NESTED
: FRAME WINDOW that I have in the parent, and I can't figure out how to do it. In other
: words, in my main frameset, .. in one of the frames, I have another frameset, and the frame
: window I want to target from that spawned remote is one of the windows that's in that nested
: frameset. Is this possible? If so, how?

: Thanks,
: -- yvan@intersolutions.com

Let's say you had something like this:

<FRAMESET>
<FRAME SRC="A">
<FRAMESET>
<FRAME SRC="B">
<FRAME SRC="C">
</FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

and frame "A" opened your popup window. the onLoad event handler to load a new page inside frame C from there might look like this:

onLoad="opener.parent.frameC.location = 'new.html'";

Provided opener is set. Netscape 2.0 doesn't do it, so you have to set it manually. Take a look at the frame FAQ here on this site. It covers this sort of thing very well.

Jason
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Targeting a window in a nested frameset from a spawned remote [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb