Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: Jason Nugent please help. One last thing re:my rollovers - September 09, 1998 at 20:29:46

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Jason Nugent please help. One last thing re:my rollovers [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Darren Perara on September 09, 1998 at 20:29:46:

In Reply to: Re: Jason Nugent please help. One last thing re:my rollovers posted by Jason Nugent on September 09, 1998 at 06:05:19:

Jason, you're right on the money with your method for solving my problem. However, the code you have given me is for a single image swap (I'm pretty sure) in each of the four cases. What I need to do is apply your mew additions, the 'dir' variable, to the more complicated fading images code. This was what you, gave me:

function look (imgName, dir)
{
document[imgName].src = eval (imgName + dir + ".src");
}

I need to apply your 'dir' thing to the following Javascript function in the head of my document:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"></SCRIPT>

If you could tell me where the changes to this code need to be made, that would be great. Also, what changes need to be made to my image names?
I'm getting pretty excited, 'cause I know we're close now. Thanks again for your knowledge.
Oh, one more thing. Would it be hard to get the arrow images to highlight (single swap) when rolled over, and at the same time as the head moves? I was also thinking of yet another swap occuring in another location at the same time as the rest of this stuff is happening. So, in short, as you rollover a particular arrow it highlights. At the same time the head animates towards this direction, and a 3rd swap operation occurs elsewhere. The idea is that info. about where you are headed can pop up in this other, 3rd swap location. Is that a complicated lot of shit or what? With your help I think I could get there. Thanks,
Darren.
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Jason Nugent please help. One last thing re:my rollovers [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb