Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: Javascript back link problem - September 04, 1998 at 11:17:03

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Javascript back link problem [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Jason Nugent on September 04, 1998 at 11:17:03:

In Reply to: Javascript back link problem posted by mike on September 04, 1998 at 09:41:09:

: I have a site which uses the re-load in correct frameset javascript, which nows works great.

: However I have trouble making the "back" links work - using the back button in the browser creates a loop back to itself, and using a JavaScript back link..

: a href="javascript:history.go (-1)

: ..doesn't help either.

: Would be grateful if you could take a look. Site at http://webmaster.serve.co.uk

: To replicate the problem go to the search page and type 'hunter'. You will be given 3 result links - choose the middle one. You will now have a top menu, a map on the left and Hunter's details on the right...try going back in the browser or back by the javascript link on the Hunter page.

: thanks

I'm not entirely sure, but the problem may lie in the fact that the the site is frame intensive... some browsers have problems dealing with frames and the back button. In any case, why not try using

history.back ()

instead of history.go (-1).

You may get better results.

Jason
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Javascript back link problem [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb